Preventative dentistry is key in keeping teeth healthy for a lifetime. At Sunwest Dental, we recommend a preventative dental care routine that combines regular check-ups and proper dental hygiene habits like flossing, brushing, and cleaning.
The most common preventative dentistry services include:
- Teeth cleaning
- Regular oral exams (twice a year)
- Routine X-rays
Make Preventative Dental Care A Priority
Preventative dental care starts with a complete dental routine. Making dental habits a priority creates the opportunity for a bright smile.
Here are the essentials of good oral dental care:
- Brush teeth twice a day using a soft brush. Our dentists at Sunwest Dental can recommend the best type of toothbrush and toothpaste and advise on how to correctly use them.
- Floss every night to remove food between teeth.
- A balanced diet can help protect teeth and provide them with the right nutrients.
- Be cautious with cigarettes as they can lead to oral cancer.
- Dentist professionals recommend using a night guard to patients who grind their teeth while they sleep. This can help prevent tooth damage.
What Are the Benefits of Preventative Dentistry?
The proper dental hygiene and healthy habits provide the following advantages to oral health:
- Helps avoid common dental problems.
- Dentists can more thoroughly examine the jaw, gums, and mouth to identify diseases or bacteria.
- These habits decrease the chance of developing cavities, enamel loss, gingivitis, and other dental conditions.
Come and Meet Our Caring Dentists in Surrey, British Columbia
All patients deserve exceptional dentistry services, personal care, and attention. We look forward to helping our patients develop a preventative care routine for a lifetime of healthy teeth. To experience premium preventative dentistry, come by our Surrey office for a checkup.